Sunday, 7 July 2013

10 Days in Dublin


In what only can be described as a moment of madness, fueled by extreme boredom, I answered an ad a few months ago looking for volunteers for an arts festival called 10 Days in Dublin(10DID).

Running from the 4th-13th of July, 10DID is an open-format, multidisciplinary festival that aims to showcase some of Ireland's up and coming talent through various art mediums, including film, music comedy, theatre, visual art, and spoken word.

Although apprehensive at first, I am delighted to report that my first day as a festival volunteer went off without a hitch. As film assistant, my job was to supervise the other volunteers whilst greeting customers, taking their tickets, and showing them to their seats before the screenings began.

While the hours may be long, and the work unpaid, I have gained some valuable experience, independence, and responsibility which will certainly stand to me in the future.

On top of that, not only have I been given the opportunity to view some excellent films and documentaries by Ireland's fresh-faced filmmakers, but I have also met many fantastic people that make working for free a whole lot easier!

For more information on 10DID, visit http://www.10daysindublin.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment